Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Back

Okay, so the past few days I have been utterly and completely released. For a long time now I have had all these ideas solidifying in my stomach, all these great, breakthrough, abstract ideas stacking up on top of each other, but with no way out. I have not felt like the inspired, reckless, and haunted person I am. I have just felt blah. A couple days ago, I let it all out. My mom said something upsetting and I absolutely lost grip on my sanity. I stampeded into my room and began tearing things off the walls. You may say I had a temper tantrum, but I was not mad at anyone but myself. I've since realized that this is what exactly i needed to do. I began pulling all my exiled ideas up and molding them into reality. No more expectations, no more self-control, no more logic. Just pure, human madness. It felt so good.

I took my most important possession, a painting by him, and just shredded it. In that instance, I shed all these psychological dependencies that have been wrapped around my ankles for the past year. I let go of him, finally. Now I'm free. I have some great, radical ideas about the space in which i live. I got rid of all my furniture and my bedroom has become an ever-changing, pulsing cocoon of creative thought. I want to live through my art and for my art to live through me. This is my purpose.

When I let go, I also realized how close Sam and I have become. Have I been truly blind? He knows a core in me that i did not know I had exposed. It is so strange. We are opposite in every imaginable way, yet here we are, two people thriving on our love for one another. I know him, which is more than i can say for Ian. We thrived on our hatred. It was always a competition. Now I have even been able to let go of that. Ian, I respect you as an individual and I am so glad we have found our own ways. We were never any good for each other.

So you see, someone, I have recaptured my essence, but this time it is my own, not my own image through him.

6 comments:

Elise said...

for the record. "him" is not Ian.

When's dinner? said...

<3

Elise said...

oooooook sam

Elise said...

no sam, "him" is not you either. You haven't ever done a painting, have you... Just nevermind.

truthblinds said...

you didn't say had done it because of something your mom said to begin with....but this was nice to read..

truthblinds said...

you didn't say had done it because of something your mom said to begin with....but this was nice to read..