Thursday, May 24, 2007

letter to Mr. Austin

Mr. Mike Austin,
We have not encountered a situation like that of the first. I fear by this that you consider my way of functioning in that particular situation to be my norm. You must see that my tears did not flow with anxiety, but rage. I have never behaved in such a manner as I did that forlorn September, and I do not intend to repeat my actions.
With that matter covered, I should like to move on to the next. I find my days weary, monotonous even. You brought me an exciting, gripping strand of events. Only when we duel am I entertained, and so it must continue. Lately, having been more agreeable, I fear we may never clash again, knowing each other's personal standing. For this reason, I insist we form a debate. There are so many topics we differ upon. I simply cannot let it go to waste.
I'm quite certain each and every debatable subject would serve useful to our purpose. You may find I am skilled at "arguing," assuming you did not know long ago. I might add that this quality I possess is not influenced by my gender.
I know little of your abilities, as well as the extent of your knowledge. I look forward to finding out.
Sincerely,
Elise

No comments: