Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not My Most Beautiful Moment...



I am indulging in a small pity party at the moment, so bear with me.

Today I was in a wreck on my bike. I was speeding down the bridge over the highway on Grand Blvd. (without a helmet) and I believe I hit a trash can, but I am not entirely sure. The only things I remember are: having about 5 concerned strangers towering over me while I struggle to remain conscious. They kept asking me if I could move, and, for a few minutes, my arms would not budge. I remember piling into a stranger's car (an example of my impaired judgement), but getting ahold of my mother in time to prevent this. I remember feeling the back of my head and thinking there was a dent in it. And this is the extent of my memory concerning the next hour.

I could not move my arms for a couple minutes because my body was in shock and the "dent" in the back of my head was, in fact, the decline of my head's surface away from a bloody knot the size of a baseball. I have a severe concussion and I may have internal bleeding in my skull. Both of my collarbones and my jaw feel broken, but they are apparently just traumatized from the "jolt." I also have whiplash.

This is really just my way of notifying my friends of what happened, since I will out of touch for the rest of the break. You guys are the only ones who read my blog, anyways.

2 comments: