Thursday, April 17, 2008

To one of my best friends... I'm sorry for this

I’m about to be very hard on you, so be prepared. Know that I love you to the roots, but you must know what I feel. You need a slap in the face, so here it is:

You stupid, arrogant American. You shut yourself in your room and wallow in a luxurious puddle of self pity. What a perfect life you lead and yet you can’t stand it. I’m sure you have to look really hard to find something worth the blade.
You think you’re deep? You are one of the shallowest kind out there, one of those selfish suburban teenagers trying to find a place among people who suffer, people who have a reason to suffer.
Oh, but here’s something new, a distraction from all that simulated hurting. Something to drown you and make you feel strong, like you’ve had to endure, like your life would mean something. You’ve been waiting a long time to drown yourself. I can imagine how great that would feel.
I understand the curiosity. Hell, I’ll be next to you for a while if you don’t come across this, but your weakness has made it a need. You need an excuse to suffer, otherwise you’d be in danger of growing out of it. You’re such a conformist. You’re so pathetic.
Do it for the good time, not for the lifestyle.

Oh, and get over yourself.

2 comments:

Ian said...

If this is about me, I'm sorry.

Here Lies the Mystery said...

Whether this is about me or Bess, I agree with you 100%.